The Baldur’s Gate 3 patch notes for today, August 4 fixes many of the major bugs that have occurred on launch day. Officially known as Hotfix 1, developer Larian Studios has resolved multiple issues and glitches. In particular, this update will fix the severe bug that has prevented players from saving and loading properly into the game. We won’t be going over absolutely everything that the patch goes over since they’re quite long, but we’ll give you the highlights to save you some time.
Baldur’s Gate 3 patch notes highlights for August 3
Here is a breakdown of the most important bugs that the Baldur’s Gate 3 patch fixes:
- Cross-saves disabled – The cross-save system between PC and the later PS5 version of the game has been turned off. This was the cause of players not being able to save or load correctly.
- Fixed loading screen – An issue that caused the game to get stuck on a loading screen while loading a save after dying has been fixed.
- Zariel Tiefling guardian fix – You can know select a Zariel tiefling as a guardian during character creation without it crashing.
- Multiplayer dialogue – Conversations that require all players to be present now work correctly.
- Dice re-roll fix – Sometimes rerolling a check will fail if you click through too fast. This has been fixed.
- Version number display disabled – The version number of the game’s build will now be hidden during dialogue.
- Multiclassing issues fix – During level ups, prepared spells has been fixed when multiclassing.
- Texture bug fix – A bug that causes textures to load in as bright, neon colors has been repaired.
- Followers spells repaired – The hotbar for followers (for clarity, these are not companions or full party members) will now longer have duplicate spells. You can also no longer customize them.
For the full patch notes, you can read them on Steam.